17. The Long View.
· Journey takes time, can’t be rushed.
· No “life hacks” to character.
· Like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.
· In giving to others or meeting a need, opportunities present themselves that can never plan or imagine.
· Sowing and reaping
· Some crops take long…. long… time before bear fruit.
· Like sowing and reaping, systems impact life –be aware of systems participate in.
· Just a steward when die all "things" accumulated will go to another. It is love and relationships that will be legacy that are eternal, have eternal value.
· Keep a short list with God and others.
· Wrestle with circumstances, situations, interpretations, and don't carry things to tomorrow that can be reconciled today.
· "Tomorrow is only in a fool's calendar." (Og Mandino)
· Short cuts don't usually work and typically end up going around the mountain to learn the lesson trying to avoid.
· Journey will have "long nights of the soul," don’t be surprised and you are never alone regardless of how it appears!
About the Author: Brian Bucks lives on a small horse ranch in Western Nebraska and is a husband, father, electrical engineer, and poet.